Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Inspire

Sorry for the long wait - got a bit caught up this week :P

Anyway, I found this on YouTube since my last post, and if you haven't already seen it, you really need to. This is so brilliant.

It was only afterwards that I found out this kid has "Brittle Bone" syndrome, and has had no less than 70 breaks since he was born. The fact that he still loves to dance and wants everyone to do the same is so inspiring.

We all have our dreams of what we want to achieve in a few days'/weeks'/months'/years' time; mine was to become a teacher, and there's so much more I want to do with that dream now I'm on my way to (hopefully!) achieving it. I was inspired by some of the teachers at my primary school in Nottingham, because they were so amazing doing what they did for an everyday job.
I came out of the school gates for the last time after collecting my SATs results in year 6, and I remember turning to my parents, telling them: "I know what I want to be now. I want to be a teacher like the teachers I had here."


To find myself at uni 9 years later training for it is beyond incredible.


I really hope I can inspire children in the future to be who they want to be, and to stick at it. Adults too - we all need a little encouragement to either get started with our dreams & ambitions, or carry on going. Even though we're not perfect, God still gives us all the opportunity to be amazing.

Let's get up, show people what we're made of, and give this world "a reason to dance"...

No comments:

Post a Comment