Saturday, 17 November 2012

A Tiring (But Incredibly Fun) Week...

Blimey! It seems like ages since I last wrote in this thing!

I've spent a week doing school placement for my course at uni. I won't mention the school in question, but what I can tell you is that the kids (well, most of them :P) are fantastic, and so are the teachers! I've been with the year 5/6 children, so some of them will be heading off to secondary school next September! Scary stuff - I remember when I started secondary school for the first time. It seems like yesterday, but I have to keep reminding myself that it was actually 8 years ago!!

Sorry that the book review hasn't been finished yet - as I've just pointed out, I have been VERY very busy and I'm absolutely exhausted. All you teachers out there, how do you do it??!!?? You are officially amazing! :D I've still got to write up some more of my notes and file them for easy access, but that can wait for a bit while I write this :P

By the way, the page for the blog was created today! Just look up Pink, Purple and Dinky - The Official Group in the facebook search bar, and you should see a little mug icon with a small heart next to it - it's an open group so you can join it and keep up-to-date with what's happening :) But I've said it before and I'll say it again...

NO FLAMES PLEASE!!!
Or, in the brilliant words of someone on YouTube, I'll use the flames to bake cookies - and you won't get any. :3

I'm really missing everyone back in Nottingham. On the plus side, my parents are coming up next Saturday (YEEEESSSS!!!!! :D), but it doesn't stop me from assessing how much money I have to see if I can haul everyone I know up to York on a coach or two. And everyone from the music group at St. Mark's - get those guitars, pianos and drums up here!! Let's go busking! :D

My notes-to-self this week....
  • Always look both ways before crossing the road to prevent sudden sprinting
  • Year 3/4 tend to work faster than Year 5/6
  • "Dancing in the Moonlight" is a brilliant track for little spontaneous dances
  • Jesus Culture, Jeremy Liddle and Bethel Church are brilliant musicians
  • St. Mark's Church's band should make a CD
  • And so should St. Mike's
  • Brushing up on maths won't hurt me in the slightest, but door frames might...(ouch...)
Now for chocolate and sleep. Hey, I earned it! :3

I'll post again soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment