Saturday, 14 July 2012

Summer? Where are you?

You know, I thought with it being July and all, there would've been a massive heatwave by now. No such sign in sight thanks to this "jetstream" thingy and what it does to the British weather.
I want to use my summer clothes, but they'll have to stay in the drawers because it's too cold to wear the things! Mind you, the dreary weather hasn't stopped me from having an ice-cream (I've had 3 so far this week, and counting)! :)

Anyways, I had some bad news the other day - because of my A-level grades not being high enough, I can't get into Nottingham Trent University :( I thought they operated on UCAS points as well as the grade system so that others can get a chance, but it's not so. So I will have to head to a different university as of September 2013 - but you've still got me for another 14(ish) months, Nottingham :3 Plus, I've still got to apply for the other unis, and they have to accept me first, so don't worry just yet! :P

The trouble with deferring your place then cancelling the whole thing is that you have to go through the UCAS system AGAIN when you next apply for the course you actually want. Which is annoying, but when you're at home and you've done it before, the process is surprisingly quick compared to when the some of the teachers at your sixth form are attempting to try (and not doing a particularly amazing job of) doing it with you with others distracting said teachers. Bleh. Rant over. :P

Overall, it's all getting rather exciting now :)

And it would be even more exciting if the weather were to lighten up a little bit.... *hint hint*

No comments:

Post a Comment