I'm not talking about physical doors here, I'm talking about life-changing, metaphorical doors.
If you don't know what I'm on about, imagine a huge corridor with loads of little doors that are open/closed/locked/unlocked. All of them have different aspects of life on them, and each of these "life-doors" leads to a different corridor with some doors the same as the last corridor, some completely new doors, newly-unlocked doors and newly-locked doors etc.
Now, I'm at the 'Uni-stage' section of this corridor, and had two open doors in front of me. I've just cancelled my history course at NTU completely, therefore shutting and locking that door so I can't go that route.
That feeling of abruptness you get is quite....well....weird to say the least. Especially as I've locked the door myself just by clicking the 'send' button on my e-mail.
Sorry if none of this makes sense - it's just a few of the thought processes going off in my head - or it might even make sense to you, I don't know. For me, it helps make a little bit more sense of how my life is panning out. Plus, God has His own key, so He can lock/unlock doors, pull me back from some doors and throw me headfirst through others.
Bleh. Brain unloaded now.
On a completely unrelated note, I had a driving lesson today. Really need to get my theory test done so I can get it out the way. Got a bit annoyed today though - nearly hit a pedestrian who walked (literally) right in front of my car which was going at 40mph. Luckily, I'm edgy anyway, so I managed to brake in time whilst he carried on walking, apparently oblivious to the danger he was in. If I'd found my horn in time, I would've used it to its full potential.
I'm a relatively good driver, don't get me wrong. I do get panicky though, so I generally use my brake a lot. The day I can drive without panicking will surely be a day to celebrate.
But for now at least, stay off the roads so I can't hit you.
No comments:
Post a Comment